Monday, 20 October 2008

Happy Halloween (ish)

What does someone like me do when they are trying to relax? I hear you ask :) well I like to do other visual/creative things, and at the weekend I carved my very first pumpkin! I am so pleased with it that I have to share it with everyone. I took it from a drawing of Totoro. Totoro for those who don't know is a character from the Studio Ghibli's film My Neighbour Totoro which is awesome!! I highly recommend it to everyone, it is a film for young children so if you have some of those definitly check it out, but its lovely, cute and heart warming for everyone else too, the animation is fantastic! So anyway, here is the pumpkin!!

This is one side view to show the foliage on the tree branch that Totoro is sat on.

This is the other side view to show the two other little guys, it's a bit hard to see them though, but it was quite hard to carve as there are little parts and I carved quite deep to let the light through.

So there we have it. I won't post every random thing I do don't worry, I just thought it would be fun to share this with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP