Thursday, 22 January 2009

Albums

Last Friday I went to a professional photography convention in London, I went so that I could have a good look at sample albums from a variety of album suppliers. I am always on the lookout for something new, I have also been looking at something in particular but wanted to make sure that there was absolutely nothing better that I was missing out on before I decided. I was overall disappointed with most of the albums on offer. I am pleased with what I currently offer and was also pleased to have it confirmed that it is in my opinion the best within the price range. However I also want to offer something even more luxurious. I have settled on 3 more albums.

First is an album which will be made in Australia, this album is cutting edge and just beautiful, it will enable people to have matted photographs and full flushmount pages in the same album so that you can have the best of both worlds. I had seen these albums before the show, but wanted to check that they were the best of its kind.

The second album is made in America, these are hardback books but with thinner pages inside, so they will have a design just like the flushmount albums, but with pages like a book. The image quality for this type of print is the best I have seen.

The third album I am most excited about, however I did not see an example at the show, I have subsequently found them while searching for something to really wow me after not finding what I was after at the show. They are flushmount albums and are also made in America. Each one is custom handmade. I have seen many many photos of them from all angles and they are just stunning! There are many types of leather and silk that you can have the album covered in, so you could match it to your wedding colours, you can also have a photo mounted into the cover or have a canvas photo as the front cover. There are just so many options and this will mean that your album is unlikely to be like anyone elses. Definitly something for people after something unique!

I of course now need to have some samples made up which will be a slow process, but like all good things in life, I am sure they will be worth the wait.

I also found an exciting supplier for wall art. I already offer gorgeous framed photos, canvas and aluminium mounted images, but this company mount images to thick perspex. I think it's hard to appreciate them until you see them, so I will have to have a sample made of this as well. I really hope people like them as much as me.

With all that news I thought I would just leave you with one of my favourite wedding photos from last year (that I took before I started this blog so I must get some more of these up). This was taken at a wedding at Westonbirt Arboretum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP