Thursday, 23 April 2009

Becky and James Cheltenham Wedding

I have been itching to blog this wedding since it happened which is why I got the teaser out pretty fast, so here we go! Becky and James got married at Christchurch Church in Cheltenham and had their wedding reception at the Thistle Hotel also in Cheltenham. I've already mentioned just how lovely this couple are. They are just so besotted with each other that it was so great to observe and be a part of.

I was first to arrive as usual and everything was locked up, but once I got inside the flowers had already been done and these had been dropped off for the guys, I love the simplicity of them and the colours in this photo.


First photo of the groom, looking slightly worried but mostly thoughtful, one of his two best men fixing him up.


This little bridesmaid is the most precious little girl ever, it was pretty hard to choose which one to blog as I love all that she is in.


Gorgeous flowers! I love to photograph the flowers, these belonged to the middle sized bridesmaid :)


Both of the smaller bridesmaids had these petals inside the skirt of their dresses, I've never seen this before but thought it was a pretty cool idea.


The mother and brother of the bride, waiting for her arrival.


The car! I love a good wedding car and this one was so cool! (and the driver was brilliant and so considerate, this can be surprisingly rare)


I love the skirt of Becky's dress, look how much there is :) it's awesome! I loved Christchurch Church as well, it's a gorgeous building, especially with a beautiful blue sky, yay!


Becky, looking at her family moments before entering the church, she is stunning!


This was taking during the second speaker, they never let go off eachs others hand through the whole ceremony :)


A couple taken during the ceremony, Becky said that this veil weighed loads as it was floor length, but it was so worth it, look how cool it looks!!


This was the second time that I have been allowed to photograph the actual signing of the register, I love these as it's the real moment.



The whole back of the chruch is painted which looks pretty cool, look how proud James is of his new wife, love it!


Once the guests had moved onto the reception at the Thistle Hotel we went back inside the church to take a few photographs alone as there wasn't much outside space to do this.



This is Becky after she had got back in that cool car, she belongs on a magazine cover!


Slightly different processing on this one but I thought it really suited the image.


More flowers, need I say more?


The cake was quite spectular, I liked how the roses matched with the bouquets, little things like that make all the difference.


Another bouquet picture, couldn't leave this one out. Also a great one of becky, as she sat there I had to take quite a few as I just loved how her dress looked in the light, and how it haloes around her.


The speeches are one of my favourite parts of the day and I always forget this. I always call them the dreaded speeches which is due to my fear of public speaking, however they can be such special moments and there were plenty of these at this wedding! Becky's dad gave a wonderful speech which started with a few laughs...


He then went on to talk about how fantastic his daughter was and it was very moving (I can not lie, I had to fight the tears) He also spoke about how important his son was to him, it was a special moment.


I love this photo of James listening proudly to his Dad's speech which was also excellent.


Plenty more laughs :)



Final one, needs no words.


Have a wonderful honeymoon Becky and James, see you when you get back!

7 comments:

Ann (Becky's Mum) 23 April 2009 at 10:23  

Caroline these photographs are absoulutely fabulous....I cried so much on the day as it was so perfect and now I am off again!!! Perogative of the Brides Mother I think!!! Thank you so so much. We all look forward to seeing more on their return from honeymoon.

Anonymous 23 April 2009 at 18:43  

These photos are absolutely stunning, Becky you must be so pleased. If I look half as beautiful as you do on your wedding day I will be very happy!!! Thanks for letting me in on your special day, your family is lovely. Have a fabulous honeymoon guys!!! x

Jenni (make up!)

Caroline Alexander 23 April 2009 at 22:59  

Thanks Ann! I'm so pleased you like them so much and you are definitly allowed to cry :)

Caroline Alexander 23 April 2009 at 23:00  

Thanks Jenni, you did a wonderful job also!

samanthajonesphotography 24 April 2009 at 08:47  

Gorgeous images which have captured a very special day. Love the light that you have found throughout these and the detail shots are just wonderful.

Caroline Alexander 24 April 2009 at 11:46  

Thank you Samantha for your very kind words!

Anonymous 25 April 2009 at 21:27  

Becky looks gorgeous !
She should be a professional model...but, I'm pleased she isn't as she's such a lovely person to work with at the NHS.
Elaine Lockey.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP