Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Wedding Photography at Ampney Crucis near Cirencester

Last weekend I have the pleasure of photographing the wedding of Jon and Becky. Earlier in the week the weather had forecast heavy rain so I knew it was probably going to be a nice day. It started off lovely but then turned quite cold, but luckily no rain so we got to take advantage of the gorgeous grounds at Ampney Park. This was my first wedding with my new camera, the Canon 5D mark II, it was surprisingly dark so I was really glad to have it. Here are some of my favourites from the day.

I was lucky to be able to photograph the singing during the ceremony and then this little guy was having fun out and about

Becky had asked people to bring a flower each and these were then put together to make her bouquet which was a lovely touch I think, then just before the signing of the register the children were invited up to the front to help move the many flowers onto the register table, the kids clearly enjoyed this, it was fun to watch.

The couples gorgeous dog was part of the bridal party, he got to sit up front during the ceremony but clearly wanted to be up there with his parents!

I don't usually get to photograph the signing of the register, however I was allowed to here which was a first and I love it, I'm not a fan of mock ups as the feeling just isn't there.

After the ceremony music played and the couple got to bask in the enjoyment of everyone.

I love daffodils, they are one of my favourite flowers, they had these attached to each pew. Then, on the walk back up the aisle this little guy got to be back where he belonged.

The couple didn't get a first kiss after the ceremony so it was a priority as soon as they arrived outside :)

A while later we slipped back inside the church to take a few of the couple alone, the church was literally next door to where they held their drinks reception which was lucky (they are looking down at their dog, you can just about see his nose)

We then stopped back inside to cut the cake before heading out into the grounds, the sun was streaming through the window pretty strong at this point as you can see.

We then went for a walk around the grounds, these are some of my favourites.




2 comments:

lynn 18 April 2009 at 14:50  

What a beautiful wedding. I absolutely love the doggy pew picture! It's fantastic! You captured the event beautifully,excellent job!

Caroline Alexander 22 April 2009 at 00:36  

Thanks Lynn! I think that's possibly my favourite too :)

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP