Saturday, 4 July 2009

Simon and Amy's Wedding Photographs at Grim's Dyke Hotel Full Post

So here it is, the full post for Amy and Simon's wedding from Grim's Dyke Hotel in Harrow Weald, London. I'm really excited about posting this and I perhaps got a bit carried away with the numbers, but here goes:

Amy's dress was gorgeous, look at those layers, it's enough to get most girls excited!


The final preparations with the girls at Amy's parents home in Wembley, London.



I love the look on Amy's mum's face, she is so proud of her daughter and loved seeing her looks so beautiful.




All the girls were so beautiful, I LOVE the colour of their dresses. The sun was so hot and strong at this point.


Amy's sister (and maid of honour) Victoria on arrival clutching her flowers and a massive pot of congetti, her smile is as gorgeous as her sisters.


This is the little flower girl, I'm so pleased I got this photo as she was a bit overwhelmed by the day, but you'd never know from this. Look how cute her little brother is looking up at her :)


All the guys waiting for the time to go in. Simon on the left, his best man Rob on the right and his usher Sven in the middle.


The colours of these dresses just sing in the sunlight, Amy arriving in their friend Mark's car, stunning.


The ceremony. The wedding itself took place at St. Sebastian and St. Pancras Church in Kingsbury Green, London.




I love this one of them laughing at getting the ring stuck, it happens to a lot of people :)

I love this also, they did not stop grinning at each other, I love the contrast of the happiness in their faces next to the seriousness of Father David.



Back outside and into that fantastic car!



Then onto Grim's Dyke Hotel in Harrow Weald, London. I seriously feel thirsty when I look at this photo.


Look how cute this little guys is, roaming the gardens, everyone else enjoying their pimms in the hotels grounds.


This is Grim's Dyke Hotel itself, a really stunning building.


All the wonderful guests attending Amy and Simon's wedding.


We then went for a walk around the amazing grounds of the hotel, there are so many little areas, it would be a dream for kids to play in!





These are some of my favourites, I love the massive trees.


Sabrage, Simon took the top of the Champayne off in one clean sweep.


Then in for the meal, Yum! Wish I got to eat some of that :)



It was beautiful sunshine up until now, then all of a sudden it clouded over at quite high speed and we then had some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen and it did not stop for over an hour and then continued although less heavy for the rest of the evening. It was quite a sight, in this photo you can see the outside looks a bit grey, that is the sheer amount of water pouring down. I was a little gutted as I really wanted to take some more photos in the grounds as I thought with all that sun we would probably get a good sunset. It did however cool everything right down which was definitly needed. We also had some pretty heavy thunder which set off the fire alarms!


This is inside the music room at Grim's Dyke Hotel, the room where they ate and where the evening party was held, a gorgeous room with a stunning ceiling.


A few from the speeches, I do love listening to the speeches and learning a little about the couple from everyone that speaks. Everyone gave good speeches.



Rob, the best man, had photos of Simon as a child printed up which were on every persons place for all to see :)


The little flower girl is ready for the evening to start, so on to the first dance!


Later in the evening Simon's band played which consisted of Simon, Rob and Sven along with two other friends, they've only been playing their instruments a couple of years I think they said, so it was quite impressive. My favourite was their cover of Girl's Aloud 'Love Machine' brilliant!

7 comments:

samanthajonesphotography 4 July 2009 at 17:42  

Such beautiful images! I love the one of the little girl peeking through the door, rocking back on her heels. Just delightful!

Caroline Alexander 4 July 2009 at 22:15  

Thanks Sam, I love that one too!!

Amy Wass 5 July 2009 at 10:30  

Another beautiful set Caroline, they look so happy they cant stop smiling and you've really captured that.

Caroline Alexander 5 July 2009 at 12:52  

Thanks Amy, I appreciate that!

Rob Dunning - Solent Studios 6 July 2009 at 02:21  

Excellent work and gorgeous photos that the B&G will cherish for sure.

Ciao ciao,


Rob

Caroline Alexander 6 July 2009 at 02:34  

Hi Rob, thanks for stopping by and leaving me your kind words!

Anonymous 16 July 2009 at 21:04  

excellent pictures , it shows the happines of the couple and their guests.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP