Monday, 14 September 2009

Caroline and Rob's Wedding Photos full post - Ashton Keynes Church and The Four Pillars at Cotswold Waterpark near Cirencester

Recently I photographed the wedding of Rob and Caroline at Ashton Keynes Church in Wiltshire and The Four Pillars Hotel at Cotswold Waterpark near Cirencester in Gloucestershire. I had the pleasure of having Liz with me (who shot with me earlier in the year) While I photographed Caroline getting ready at the hotel Liz was with Rob at his parents house in Ashton Keynes. The Church and the Hotel are quite contrasting venues, it is a gorgeous old village Church and the hotel is ultra modern. Here are some of the photos from the day.

The dress hanging infront of the glass wall which overlooks the lake and a detail from the gorgeous dress.

I love this bouquet, you'll see this arrangement throughout the wedding which was a lovely touch, and the shoes taken out on the balcony.


Caroline had her make up done out on the balcony where the light was fantastic with all the water surrounding us.


Back inside, Caroline's mum helped her into her dress


This dress I think you'll agree is just perfect for Caroline!


A couple more of Caroline getting ready, there are lots I love from this part of the day as usual.



Caroline's bridesmaids, Emma and Lucy, helping each other out.


Before we left for the Church we took a few photographs outside the front of the hotel, this is my favourite, Caroline looks so beautiful


Meanwhile Liz was with the guys, I love that she got a mirror image to go along side the mirror image above. Big thanks to Luis, also pictured (right), who helped me out with the group photos.


The final touches before leaving


Rob with his best men, ushers and parents then made his way from the house along the Church Walk




I love this one that Liz caught of Rob checking the time, wondering where his bride was :)


Here she is!


I love the look on Rob's face here...

...and I love this Church, it has that nice Church smell, do you know the one I mean?

The first kiss!


Caroline looks stunning backlit as she signs the register


Apparently it is good luck to see a chimney sweep after the wedding ceremony and to receive a kiss, it is supposed to bring good fortune to the couple. I will admit this is a tradition I had not heard of before this wedding and I was a little worried when this sooty man turned up and then touched the bride, seemed a little dangerous to me at the time :)


After the ceremony the guests made their way to the reception while Caroline, Rob and I stayed behind to walk back along the Church Walk...


... stopping only breifly in the corn field next to the path





Back at The Four Pillars Hotel, the room overlooked one of the lakes of the Cotswold Waterpark.


Notice how the flowers on the cake (as in the room) are like Caroline's bouquet


And then finally, onto the speeches!




One of the best men played a harmonica as part of his speech :)


I hope you're having a fantastic honeymoon Caroline and Rob, see you when you get back!

4 comments:

Kate 15 September 2009 at 12:54  

Beautiful photographs and fantastic attention to detail. I love the one of them in the field - great find.

Caroline Alexander 15 September 2009 at 13:20  

Thanks Kate! You should have seen my eyes light up when I first saw that corn field :)

Paul 21 September 2009 at 15:00  

Wonderful photographs cant wait to see more, you have captured the mood of the day brilliantly, thank you.

Caroline Alexander 21 September 2009 at 15:39  

Hi Paul, thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you like the photos!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP