Sunday, 1 November 2009

Happy Halloween!!

Well technically it's now November the first, I'm a couple of hours late, but I'm still on the night of Halloween. Just wanted to blog this years pumpkin attempt, last year I did this It is Totoro from the film My Neighbour Totoro, for those that don't look at the past post this is a childrens film from Studio Ghibli, even though it's for young children I highly recommend it for anyone that is in touch with their inner child and especially if you appreciate good animation! The drawings are just gorgeous! So this year I decided to do another totoro pumpkin, I took it from a picture I found and it's just a snippet from a scene, I am not sure if you would know what it is if you didn't know to start with though so this may not work. It is Totoro (the creature in the middle of the previous pumpkin) lying down with the little girl sat on him and touching his nose. It was SO hard to carve as there are lots of teeny intricate details, I accidently carved her eyebrow off, opps!



Closer


Even closer, I think this looks a bit like a painting




A good trick for anyone that does this is to cover all exposed areas with vaseline once you have finished. This creates a barrier from the air and will preserve it for a few extra days.

I hope everyone has had a good halloween!!

2 comments:

LisaF 1 November 2009 at 18:50  

That must have taken ages, I'm impressed!

Caroline Alexander 1 November 2009 at 19:55  

Thanks Lisa :) it did take a while...

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP